Choosing an essential oil for your skin is something most women are concerned about. No second thoughts about it! Different oils cater to the needs of different skin types and issues. It’s utterly crucial to know what your skin needs and what is best for your skin type.
Our skin definitely needs high-quality, pure and nourishing essential oils. These prove to be extremely healthy, beneficial, nourishing and balancing for the skin. Whether deep wrinkles or fine lines or dark spots or dry patches have wreaked havoc on the skin, essential oils help you get through any situation. The skin-loving characteristics of essential oils leave no stone to work wonders. Essential oils render you with a lot of benefits.
Before the use of any essential oil, it is very important to be aware of the type of skin that one possesses. However, lavender oil can be used for pretty much any skin type. It is versatile in its nature.
Here is an extensive list to help you understand different types of skin:
1. For Oily Skin Type: The following essential oils tend to stimulate, balance and normalize the oil production in case of oily skin.
2. Skin Prone to Breakouts and Blemishes: Breakouts are abhorred by one and all. Isn’t it? These essential oils can help prevent breakouts. You can use them by adding to your moisturizer to calm the breakouts. These can even be used neat on spots and patches.
· Melaleuca Alternifolia (tea tree)
3. For Dry Skin Type: dry type of skin is more prone to being chapped at any place. Moisturizing products containing Shea butter and cocoa butter are outstanding for dry and chapped skins. Deep moisturizing with Argan oil and rose-hip oil prove to be excellent facial oils. The best essential oils for dry type of skin are:
· Roman or German chamomile
4. For Aging Skin: For skin prone to deep wrinkles, fine lines or early signs of aging, Argan oil and rose-hip oil are wonderful.
5. For Combination Type Skin: Essential oil that are best suited for oily and dry combination skin are:
6. Skin with Red Marks or Dark Patches: The following nourishing essential oil will brighten up your skin in no time. You can use 3 to 5 drops of these oils with a tablespoon of carrier oil twice a day for moisturizing your skin and even out the skin tone.
Best Essential Oils For Skin Care
Essential oils are beneficial not only for nourishing the skin, but also treating a number of health conditions and ailments. These can be utilized in a variety of ways. We are thrilled to present the 13 best essential oils which are a MUST for attaining flawless and a radiant skin.
1. Argan oil
. Ideal for all skin types,including sensitive,acne,rosacea and eczema prone skin.
. It is also said to help ailments such as arthritis,aching muscles and sunburn relief.
. It works amazing on wrinkles and dry skin,reduces visible scars left by acne,chicken pox,spots and other damage like chapped cracked skin and on burns and scalds.
. It’s great also for the care of the scalp,it restores shine to dull,lifeless hair and it strengthens brittle nails!
2. Lavender oil
· It can be utilized on all skin types.
· Lavender oil helps calm any type of skin irritation.
· It works wonders on cuts and scrapes.
· The essential oil is helpful in calming down stressed skin too.
· It is versatile in its utility.
· This versatile oil regularizes oil production and works as a skin conditioner.
· You can use the Geranium essential oil with your moisturizer to help with irregularities in oil production.
· Mixture of Geranium with normal water is an effective face mist.
· The best essential oil for sensitive skin.
· Also, best suited for soothing insect bites.
· For treating insect bites, 2-3 drops of Basil essential oil with any carrier oil can be applied directly on the insect bite.
· Also, a few drops of this oil with massage oil will help relax sore muscle after a hard workout.
· Aging skin demands Frankincense essential oil.
· It helps a lot with sagging skin and loss of elasticity.
· One of the excellent oils to boost regeneration of skin cells.
· Frankincense essential oil not only fine tones your uneven skin tone but also helps with pigmentation.
6. Ylang Ylang
· Ylang Ylang works great for oily- and acne-prone skin type.
· It’s also helps with the signs of aging.
· This anti-aging essential oil restores cell growth.
· Addition of Ylang Ylang oil with almond oil as the carrier oil is a fruitful moisturizer for oily type of skin.
· This essential oil is utterly effective against acne and deep pores, which are the hardest to treat.
· It can also be used as a proficient astringent and skin toner.
· It is best for producing a radiantly glowing skin.
· One of the most important oil for repairing capillary vein damage around the nose area.
· It also helps shrink swollen vessels.
9. Tea Tree (Melaleuca)
· It is considered to be a boon for human race.
· It renders anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
· Best choice for acne-prone and oily skin.
· Also, the essential oil can be used to treat cuts and scrapes.
· Dilution of Juniper essential oil is an efficient cleanser.
· When applied to wounds, it accelerates the healing process and prevents infections.
· Dilution of Juniper oil is mandatory.
· The Chamomile essential oil treats a variety of skin conditions like cracked, acne, eczema, inflammation and rosacea.
· It helps with skin irritation.
12. Clary Sage
· It aids fighting signs of aging and decreases puffiness.
· It stimulates the production of oil for oily and dry skin.
· The heavenly essential oil is used to treat devitalized, mature, aging and sensitive skin.
· It firms the loose aging skin.